Here are the latest two jobs I have done for my customers:
On Wednesday 08/03/2016 I finished work on this engineered solution for a customer whom wished to have this Kohler shower faucet set installed on an existing Moen volume control valve. I used stainless steel threaded stock, lock nuts, set screws, 3/8 inch pex and the valve stem adaptor from the Kohler kit. I drilled the adaptor for set screws, tapped the holes and sandwiched the bent end of the threaded stock with lock nuts into the adaptor. I was able to securely fasten the valve stem adaptor to the valve stem using the existing screw and the handle directly onto the threaded stock. This custom configuration allows the handle to reliably control temperature by twisting and on/off with flow control by pulling or pushing. This customer had been unable to find anyone willing to attempt this without buying a compatible handle set trim kit and/or replacing the valve assembly for some time before she asked me.
On Monday, 08/08/2016, I completed the replacement of a pedestal sink with a preselected cabinet which I modified to fit. Spent a day doing all of the custom work to make the cabinet the exact size and shape to fill the alcove which was about 4 1/2 inches shorter from front to back. This included shortening the drawers and draw pulls while maintaining the rest of the interior of the cabinet and reattaching the back before carefully setting the cabinet in place and fastening it to the wall. I also had to color match paint to this varied cabinet color using color pallets to find the closest overall match. I used the paint to match the two fillers on either side which precisely filled the spaces for a seamless result. I custom ordered the vanity top from The Onyx Collection. I had it made to dimensions the website suggested were too small for the desired sink. I keenly went over the bowl styles and dimensions and made sure it would work. They were willing to work with me once I detailed my plans with a template and how each piece would fit together. I also saved the customer money by planning to cut it to shape on site and drill the faucet hole after it was installed. The notched front right corner was done to maintain a factory finish for eye appeal as well as to allow the side to fully fit the odd shape of this alcove. I also performed many minor alterations to the room such as chiseling concrete at the back base of the cabinet to allow the cabinet to stand properly, cutting the baseboard on both sides and using hidden spacers to secure the cabinet from the sides. This customer commented a few times while I was working about why the previous owners of the home had opted for a pedestal sink instead of a vanity in this half bath. They were extremely pleased with the results especially since it matched the other two bathroom vanities' top, cabinet and sink style.
The pictures posted here are from genuinely satisfied customers' homes with their express permission.
Since these two jobs I have been doing mostly routine maintenance jobs and getting my new business going. I will post more projects as I do them!